Answers to the most commonly asked questions about The Code Green Campaign and our online store. Read through our FAQ to see if your question has already been answered. Clicking on a question will expand the answer.
About Code Green
1. How can I contact Code Green?
You can contact us here via e-mail, you can also send us mail at:
The Code Green Campaign
PO Box 15365
Spokane Valley, WA 99215
We do have a phone number. Because we all work full time and can’t take calls at our other jobs we like to pre-arrange phone calls. We also don’t publish it because we are not a crisis helpline. We don’t want people to share our phone number thinking it is a 24/7 crisis line and then have someone not answer. While we love to help people, we don’t want them getting our voicemail if someone isn’t available to talk.
2. Is Code Green a 501(c)(3) organization?
Yes! The Code Green Campaign has been granted tax-exempt status by the Internal Revenue Service functioning as a public charity under section 501(c)(3). Because we have 501(c)(3) status any donations made to Code Green after April 3rd, 2014 are tax deductible (that is the date we filed for incorporation). Our Federal I.D. for donations is #46-5739098.
3. How can I donate to Code Green?
You can donate via Paypal by clicking here (you don’t have to have a Paypal account). You can also send a check or money order to the address listed in question 1 (but not cash!). We are also on Amazon Smile, and when you shop using Amazon Smile a small portion of your purchase will be donated to us every time you shop on Amazon.
You can also see if your employer uses Benevity to allow you to automatically deduct a set amount from your paycheck each month and have it donated to us.
4. What is RCW 43.101.425?
RCW 43.101.425 refers to section 43.101.425 of the Revised Code of Washington. RCW 43.101.425 states:
Communications to crisis referral services — Confidentiality of communications and records.
(1) All communications to crisis referral services by employees and volunteers of law enforcement, correctional, firefighting, and emergency services agencies, and all records related to the communications, shall be confidential. Crisis referral services include all public or private organizations that advise employees and volunteers of such agencies about sources of consultation and treatment for personal problems including mental health issues, chemical dependency, domestic violence, gambling, financial problems, and other personal crises.
(2) A crisis referral service may reveal information related to crisis referral services to prevent reasonably certain death, substantial bodily harm, or commission of a crime.[2009 c 19 § 2.]
In plain English this means that if you contact Code Green for help we can not release any records of that communication for any reason. We have the option of releasing information if it is to prevent death, bodily harm, or a crime. Most importantly, because Code Green is based in Washington state this law always applies to us, even if the person contacting us for help is in another state.
1. Do you have t-shirts/bracelets/hats/patches/stickers/beer koozies for sale?
Yes we do! You can check out our online store to see what items we have available. If you don’t find what you are looking for check back frequently. We will always be redesigning old items and adding new ones. If you have a suggestion for something you think we should carry please let us know.
2. I'm trying to place an order and I'm getting an error that says 'validation email needed'.
When checking out there is a blank box under the box marked “email”. Please make sure you have the same email address in both boxes. We have no idea why the label for the second box doesn’t show up, and we apologize for any confusion this causes.
3. I haven't received shipping confirmation and/or tracking information.
Orders placed in the online store can take 1-2 weeks to ship. Our store is staffed by volunteers and consequently work/life/school can get in the way of getting them processed. We try to fill orders on Tuesdays and Fridays, but that doesn’t always happen. If it has been more than 2 weeks since you placed your order please contact us here and we can let you know what the status is.
You should receive 2 emails, one confirming your order has been completed and a second one from Paypal with your tracking information. It is possible that one or both of these emails could end up in your junk/spam folder so if you haven’t received them please check there before contacting us.
4. I saw this really awesome Code Green word cloud shirt, where can I get one?.
The first Code Green word cloud shirt was a limited edition printed in 2014 as part of a fundraiser. Because it was a limited edition, the shirt is no longer available. We are not planning on printing more of that exact design, however we do have plans to do updated versions of the shirt over the years. You can check our online store at www.codegreenstore.com for the updated version of the shirt.